Friday, March 13, 2009

Sleep...or a lack thereof

Eventually, I will be able to write about getting too much sleep, ok probably not going to happen, but it sounds nice.

I accomplished my goal for last night, by being in bed by 10pm. However, it was a major battle. I felt like there was so much I could be doing around the house and did fold a load of laundry right before I went to bed, which made me feel better. I turned off the lights about 10:30pm and attempted to get comfortable and drift off to sleep. It didn't happen. I begin to think. Which was a huge mistake, the wheels started turning and though my eyes were closed, I was wide awake.

There I was, all snuggled up and processing the day as usual. I cannot believe how much the mind absorbs each day. I tend to get lost in the task of running here and there, remembering appts, being on the computer, answering the phone, thinking about Joshua, drinking a dr. pepper(then remembering the pounds I want to lose and go fill up my water bottle), wondering about bills, new car, prayer and the list could go on. This happens everyday and finally at night, I realized what all went on and I've slowed down just enough to actually think about it. Finally, I feel myself falling asleep and last time I looked at the clock it was 11:30pm...so much for getting caught up on sleep.

The point to the rambling here is I wanna find a way to slow it down each day. Take on and take in less. I don't really know if this is possible, but how sweet it would be to give my mind a break, to allow myself to soak in each day slowly, enjoy it and go onto the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment