Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Life I Planned...

I read and I write, I often gather inspiration from music, books and of course life. This evening, for no particular reason, I was reading through a book that I received as a gift as a teenager. "Things Pondered" by Beth Moore, is a beautiful collection of short stories and poems that speak encouraging words to women. Now, I know I have read this book many times before, but this night, one poem reached out to me. As I was reading through it, I felt that pitting feeling rise in my stomach. I have been questioning my life and the unfamiliar path that I have taken, I have found myself in a place I never dreamed I'd be...so what happened to the life I had planned?

I wanted to copy some of the words that captured me below;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has someone seen the life I planned
It seems it's been misplaced
I've looked in every corner
It's lost without a trace
I've found one I don't recognize
Things missing that were clear
Promises I'd hoped to keep
And dreams I'd dreamed aren't here
Faces I had planned to see
Hands I planned to hold
Now absent in the pictures
Not the way I told.
Has someone seen the life I planned?
Did it get thrown away?
God took my hand from searching
Then I heard him say
"Child, your ears have never heard
Your eyes have never seen
Eternal plans I have for you
Are more than you could dream.
"You long to walk by sight
But I'm teaching eyes to see.
I know what I am doing
'Til then, you must believe."
He's done so much, I felt ashamed
To know He heard my moans
To think I'd trade in all He's done
For plans made on my own.
I offered Him my future
And released to Him my past
I traded in my dreams
For a plan He said would last.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be the first to say that I have created my own plans, often neglected God's will for my life and continued on a way that I thought was best for me. How thankful I am that even still, he has blessed me. Only God knows my whole story, He lets me write each chapter on my own, asking only that I let Him lead me through. It is His resplendent love and the life He has planned for me that allows me to trust and believe that great things are in store for me, here on earth and in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment